Thursday, February 4, 2010

Just a Blurb! :)

Good morning Blogland! I have only a minute or two free but I wanted to update all my blogging buddies on what's going in over here. So far...STUDYING, and STUDYING, and then more STUDYING! The workload this semester is kicking my patoot! My two most intense classes are Anatomy and Chemistry...I like both of them but man do I ever have to work hard to get a mediocre grade in those classes! I got a C on my first Chem quiz, and A on the last. I did pretty good in Anatomy, a B on the first quiz and I'm waiting to hear about the second. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that class. The lab is totally the best...I look forward to it all day. I think if I weren't going into nursing, I might even enjoy microbiology or something along those lines. Super fun! :) Math is extremely fast paced this semester...I have two classes that are each a half a semester long, but to squeeze them in we cover two to three sections per class...and I have class twice a week for an hour and a half each day. WOWSA! I'll be lucky if I get a B in that class...I bombed my first two quizzes but got an A on the last one. I was kicking myself too because it was pressure and stress more than not knowing how to do the work. I'm going to school tomorrow even though I don't have classes on Friday to study for Anatomy and meet up with the Math Professor for some extra help. Lots of prayers that I can get an A on the final and still manage a B! :) I can't move on to the next class with a C and it'll set me back an entire semester for the nursing program if I don't stay on track...so I'm a little stressed! :) Lol* I'm literally spending HOURS every night studying, but you know what? I love it. It's awesome so far. :)

Ok, so off to take the oldest to school, then me and the little one are going to my school to study...then class. Back to work!!! ;)

10 comments:

julieQ said...

I am so proud of you...go girl! I love A and P too...chemistry kicked my fannie. Enjoy!

Ruth said...

Hang in there! It will surely be worth all the work in the long run. My DS is also taking a nursing program, so I can understand what you are experiencing.

Pat said...

Wishing the best for your courses...we need more caring, dedicated people like you in the nursing field...that's for sure! There is going to be a serious shortage soon if more don't get into that field.

Trisha said...

You rock! I like to think I would enjoy school more now that I am an adult. Sometimes I think it would be fun to go back and sometimes I think it would be intimidating.

Danielle said...

That sounds like quite a semester already! Keep your nose in the books, you CAN do it! I loved A&P, and chemistry ~ they're certainly not easy, but always interesting!

Holly Days Closet said...

Hope you have a great day at school. I'm sure you will do really good.
Holly

Beth said...

I second your emotion! Algebra is kicking my behind pretty good, but I finally got a tutor.

Kim said...

Fantastic challenge. Sounds like you are up for it and doing well, busy as all get out, but strong and determined. Hang in there, you'll earn that degree!

Pat said...

I enjoy your blog. Keep up the collelge work; know it's hard and challenging at times. Like your quilting and the variety of your blog.

Kathy said...

Hang in there with your studies. You will be so glad that you did.