Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nothing of Importance

Spring semester starts in less than a week - woohoo! I'm actually really excited. :) I am taking an anatomy class that everyone says is really hard, and I bet it will be, but I'm really looking forward to it! We get to learn all the muscles and bones and really get into the human body in a little more detail. I think it's going to be fun. OH - and guess what? I've been looking forward to this ever since I decided to go to nursing school...we get to dissect a human cadaver! Of course I feel a little guilty for being so excited about this, but I try to remember that the individual we will be looking at volunteered his or her body for this. It's a big deal around here for a school to be able to even afford a cadaver, so I'm feeling pretty lucky. :) Bought my book yesterday too, check it out...it's a monster:

and a peek inside...




How cool is this? I'm so excited. It's gonna be fun! :)

Aside from the anatomy lecture and lab, which is almost like two classes really, I'm taking chemistry, two math classes, and sociology. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

3anklebiters said...

awesome! i love school and textbooks too. i'm just finishing my master's degree and hoping to go on with a doctoral degree before the end of the year.

shelley B said...

Way to go! I teach nursing and quilting too and I loved reading about your excitement after a really horrid day. PS. Where do you live that it is spring? Southern Hemisphere. It is cold, dark and wintery here, at least 5 months until spring!

Paula said...

That is the course that my son was supposed to start this semester... life sometimes interferes and he'll be able to take it next semester. He's starting his nursing pre requisites! Congrats!!!

Zlaty said...

I am happy for you! Have fun!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Well, it sounds to me, you are going into the right field! Have fun! I hope you have time to do all your sewing and gardening, too.

Pat said...

I enjoy seeing your enthusiasm for your chosen field.....can't wait to hear how it's going as the semester gets into full-swing!

Danielle said...

Good luck! You have some interesting classes coming! Keep us posted on how it's going...

Stephanie D said...

Gonna be a tough semester--but you'll do well!