Monday, March 16, 2009

Who's a treadle owner? I am!!!

I've been working on some itty bitty 1" hst blocks that were from my EQ quilt.
What? What's that? That sewing machine you see there? You say, you're wondering...wondering if it's old? If it might be...
A TREADLE?!!!!????
Oh I'm lucky ya'll!!! I don't know how I got so lucky either! LOL* Not just because I am the proud owner of a gen-u-wine treadle, lol*, but because I think I must have married the most awesome guy on the planet. Seriously.
He bought it from a friend of mine from one of my quilty groups. She is way awesome too because she kept it a secret from me for WEEKS! Lol*** Turned out she and Hubby were in cahoots. How awesome is that? LoL*

I love my Husband. :) Ok I'm off to SEW! Lol*

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful gift from you hubby! I love when they give the gift of THOUGHT!! You know what I mean. Anyway, wonderful gift. I've seen more and more of them out and being USED now! Even Bonnie at Quiltville.com has a small video clip of a gal using one at a class. Can you believe she hauled it to class?

Stephanie D said...

Wow! A WORKING treadle machine!!! That is so absolutely awesome! Good man, that hubs.

Cathi said...

Oooh, lucky you!! I can't wait to hear what you think of it. I'm fascinated by treadle machines!

Kayla said...

Congratulations! What is like to work on a treadle machine?

Anonymous said...

I have one also but haven't tried sewing with it yet. I remember watching my mom sewing clothes on one like it when I was a young girl. I hope to put mine to use sometime instead of just letting it sit there.

QuiltedSimple said...

oh how awesome! Looks lovely
Kris

Terry said...

Congratulations on your treadle!! I finally got one of my own a while back but I haven't used it yet. I'm just happy to have it sitting in my living room where I can see it every day! :0)

Juryizstillout said...

Hey, send me the pics so I can get a good look at it. I'm an admirer of old machines!