Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shopping!

Ok, well, first I have to say, I have really good pictures to share but I'm being LAZY! I finished my Autumn Cabins blocks and they just need to be sewn together...I've actually had them done for a few days! But you know it's been acting all spring-like outside and I've got plants on the brain. So I've begun winter-sowing seeds and am filling up the front and back porch with seed filled jugs and flats. Can't wait to garden! I've got the fever! C'mon spring, hurry it up already!!!

Anyhow, since I'm too pooped to get out my quilt, I thought I'd show off a little. Mom & I went to the quilt show today and of course the quilts were delicious as always, but oh the shopping was EVEN BETTER! I could not believe what wonderful shops were there this year...I didn't bring nearly enough money! Lol* Here's a few shots of what I bought...




For some reason I couldn't get a good picture of all of my loot together, so I broke them up a little so you could see how gosh darn gorgeous they are! Lol*** I've seen the wooly sheep around blogland and when I saw a few vendors offering them it was a good excuse to finally try playing with wool. Also picked up some pink-ish fq's for a spring quilt, and some folk art style 1/2 yards. I cannot wait to get sewing....darn quilts keep distracting me from my seeds! Lol*

10 comments:

Leah Spencer said...

I love the green from the left in the top picture. Just my kind of fabric! :)

QuiltedSimple said...

Oh I love your fabrics you brought! And your tutorials - I've been in a slump so I just may have to play around this afternoon and make some.....thanks for some inspiration!
Kris

Trisha said...

Great loot! I just love everything you do. I love the colors of your quilts and designs you pick. I really enjoy your blog!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love all the fabric.

Zannah said...

Fab colours. Great shopping!!

Libby said...

Looks like you found some great stuff . . . . staff enhancement is such fun *s*

Anonymous said...

I have some of those fabrics, and I lust for the rest. =) Just stopping by after a long hiatus of not reading blogs much. I'm so glad to read you went with your mom!

Anonymous said...

Hello Valerie, I loved seeing what you had bought.I have not tried working with wool yet. Regards Lyn

YankeeQuilter said...

What great fabrics and I love the sheep pattern (I miss seeing the little guys like I did in England....)

Amy said...

I have the little sheep,mine is a kit with everything including the batting.I got it for 19.00. Amy