Friday, January 2, 2009

Fabric Requirements for Fall Cabins & Autumn Pinwheels

Well, you know, I just had to name my quilts. For fun, and so you know which I'm talking about when! I liked Fall Cabins and Autumn Pinwheels. I'm sure you can guess by the name which is which...notice a theme happening around here? I sort of have a thing for fall. :)

Here are the sizes including borders and EQ6 fabric requirements for the quilts...I don't really trust EQ, or my own cutting skills, so I plan on gathering a little bit more than what EQ calls for. *These fabric requirements do not include fabric for the back or binding.



Autumn Cabins (EQ estimated) Fabric Requirements
Based on 40" wide fabric
Finished Quilt Size (with borders) 68"x68"
(12" finished blocks)

Cream/Tan (background fabric) - 2 yards

Deep Red - 5/8 yard

Rusty Orange - 5/8 yard

Deep Purple (outer border and blocks) - 1 7/8 yards

Deep Brown (inner border and blocks) - 1 1/4 yards

Olive Green - 5/8 yard

Deep Blue - 3/8 yard

Harvest Pinwheels (EQ Estimated) Fabric Requirements

Based on 40" wide fabric

Finished Quilt Size (with borders) 64" x 76"

(12" finished blocks)

Cream/Tan (background) - 1 3/4 yards

Deep Gold - 5/8 yard

Rusty Orange - 1/2 yard

Deep Purple (border and blocks) - 2 3/8 yard

Olive Green (border) - 1 yard


***If you're following along and/or decide to make one of these along with me, I'll be posting instructions as I go in the sidebar. :) Post a comment if you have any questions and I'll try my best to answer. If you're a "no-reply" blogger, then don't forget to leave an email so I can get back to you! :)

***Update 01/04/09*** Just a note that if decide to paper piece those center stars in the Autumn Cabins quilt, you may want to set aside additional fabric. Same goes with the geese in the corners of the borders.

3 comments:

dot said...

These are both lovely quits. I will try to follow along but with so many irons already in the fire I just might fall behind.

Elin said...

I love this autumn pinwheels! I would like to make a minor quilt in this pattern (a smaller wallhanging).
Thank you for linking my page, and for generous words!

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

I Love both of these. I think I will try the Harvest Pinwheels first.
~Janet