Wednesday, November 14, 2012

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

I don't know who you are who posted anonymously to my free motion practice post, but THANK YOU!!!  I never even THOUGHT of doing this!!!  I have been to Leah Day's site before but had never seen this ---> click here to see super awesome video and tutorial.  Leah shows how she turns a less than awesome darning foot...into an awesome one.



I just saved ten bucks, and this stay at home Mom is pretty happy about it!  :)

Here is the darning foot for my Brother SQ9050 as it came with my machine...


Leah used jeweler's nippers?  Was that what they were called?  I used a rusty pair of pruning shears that somehow made their way into my laundry room cupboard.  I don't know what that's about.  Was I pruning roses in there?  Oh and a nail file.  (No shortage on those.  When I'm not sewing I'm painting my nails...)


MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  BASK IN THE AWESOMENESS!!! 


Alright well I guess it's not that big of a deal.  But I saved ten bucks and a week of delivery time so I'm happy.  Thank you whoever posted that!!!

Now I must seriously get off of the computer and get something done around here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh YEA ! So glad I could help :) I'm really new at quilting and my mother says "you'd be good at free motion" and she went through a bunch of websites to show me. Then she started setting me up, and the free motion sewing foot modification on my brother, she said, was a must.
I happened on your site while looking for mug rugs. I enjoy reading your blog so I'll be lurking around.