Sunday, November 20, 2011

Kraynaks, A Holiday Tradition ;)


One of my favorite traditions that has developed with my little family over the years is making the trip each year to Hermitage, PA to visit Kraynaks, a locally famous garden center that puts on an amazing Christmas tree display.  We do it for the kids...but truly, we do it for us too!  :)  I thought I'd share a few pictures of our trip yesterday.  It was so fun!  :)  Above is one of my favorite trees in the display...plaids and gingham - sooooo me!  Their displays are truly jam packed and amazing...

Of course along with Kraynaks, part of the fun is stopping at Daffin's Candies in Sharon...



...that chocolate turtle is still pretty cool!


More of Kraynaks displays...aren't they wonderful?  This one is so sweet and reminds me of my girls...


...looking out the window, spying in the sky to see if Santa near...


...there tons trees and lots of decorating inspiration...


...this one is so beautiful!  Some day I want a tree that hangs from the ceiling...  :)


...pink trees, white trees, blue trees, green trees!


...penguin trees!...


This area, Northeastern Ohio and Northwestern Pennsylvania are also well known for all the Amish that live here.  Even those of us who've grown up with Amish in our backyards find this an interesting image!


...all the little children ooh and aww at the horse and buggy in Super K's parking lot!  LOL*  Tied right up to the back of a cart return!  LOL*

1 comment:

Pat said...

I never get over my fascination with the Amish, either. That garden center looks like they do a wonderful display and I can understand why it has become a family tradition...thanks for sharing the photos.