Saturday, December 6, 2008

Gift Quilt Finished ; Playing with Cathedral Windows

Finished Sandy's Christmas quilt the day before yesterday. Yay! I'm so happy with how it turned out. :)

A woman at one of my quilt guilds brought in a bunch of fabric for us to go through Tuesday, and I found a 1/2 yard of pre-printed quilt labels. How amazing that this label matched the quilt perfectly?


A lady at that same guild inspired me to get a move on trying cathedral windows. Tooted around this afternoon and made this single unit to see if I could do it...


6 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love the fabrics in your quilt - they remind me very much of some fabrics I used this past summer when redecorating a bedroom at my sisters. I've never done a cathedral window but maybe someday. blessings, marlene

Angela said...

I have always wanted to try one of these...It is on my someday list.

Anonymous said...

Hello Valerie, I love the colours in your quilt.I have never tried cathedral windows, is it hard to do?Regards Lyn

Bethany said...

I love cathedral quilts. It's a lot of work but worth it in the end.

Rose Johnston said...

Love your quilt!!! The colours are perfect!! How great u have mastered the cathedral window.....can u teach me sweetie???
Hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

I think the Cathedral window looks fabulous. You are a natural.

I love the quilt too.

I gave you a creative blogger award on my site. Go see.